Sunday 16 December 2012

Inspired

Since my initial idea was to transfer a painting onto a shoe or get inspiration from a piece of art, I thought I'd do some research on other ideas similar to mine that people have already done, not neccessarily on shoes but also on clothes.

Converse are the shoes that used a similar approach as to what I have in mind. Above are a few examples. These four designs were clearly influenced by pop art and were initially what got me into thinking about the whole picture-on-shoe design. some designs like that of the I LOVE  motif are iconic. Not only would you find it on a shoe, but nowadays with the whole new craze, you will find it on jumpers t-shirt, hoodies, backpacks and more. It all started off with the '' I <3 NY'' but it is now found almost everywhere saying I love almost anything, from several different countries to several different products. The bottom left corner black converse has what seems to be blue splattered paint all over it. That design even though unusual and probably unattractive to some due to its 'dirty' look, is inspired by the way _______ used to paint. The top one on the left is also influenced by pop artist Roy Lichtenstein. 

other examples of different art on clothes:






Incredible Things, 2012, Converse Pop Art Collection. [online] Available at: <http://www.incrediblethings.com/style-and-gear/converse-pop-art-collection/> [Accessed 16 December 2012]
cwhatch, 2007, I Love New York. [online] Available at: <http://www.ilovenewyork.cwhatch.com/> [Accessed 13 December 2012]
Wikipedia, 2012, Pop art. [online. Available at: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_art> [Accessed 16 December 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment