Sunday 16 December 2012

Google it

Before selecting what I wanted to do for my concept design, i did a bit more research on several different things and apart from the first 5 blog posts I added abit more to get an idea on transformation when it came to art film and design.
I was going through a few things on the internet and trying to look up information on shoe design. There were quite a few interesting creations and half of me was confused on what my final piece would actually consist of. I think I'm headed more into the poster design than the actual on shoe itself design. As a student going into graphics I think it would be more down my line and something I would actually enjoy doing. Alas, looking at different shoes wouldn't hurt to get an idea.
One simple one which I found quite cool was the 'Custom Designed Google Shoe'. It's probably because I always like that one kind of accessory which really sticks out, be it a shoe, a t shirt, a watch. Even though it does actually have the word ''google'' written on it, it comes into mind straight away that it could be related to google because of the colours used. It is exactly the same as the search engine typography. It's designed with primary colours, just as is the logo of google. They're bright and they all stick out making the shoe and its design very noticable Be it a gold watch or a lime green belt, pick something that people will remember and associate with you. As Coco Chanel once said ''“Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory.” Lesson learnt - just don't over do it. 

furthering my research I also found some other cool designs of search engines on shoes:

In the above two shoes, it is very obvious  from what source their design came from and is showing off to the public because they made it obvious by adding the logo of the site on the ankle part of the shoe. They're both designed using colours which stick out next to eachother making them catch the eye straight away. Their design is unique and catchy, described as being ''a geek must- have accessory''.


Above is another shoe I stumbled across which has similar features to the ones mentioned before. They are based on the design of De Stijl. They are a pair of Nike's which the concept design comes from the elements of Piet Mondrian's painting. (see below)
Composition with Yellow, Blue, and Red, 1921, Tate Gallery. London.

I am also posting a link I found which has a few other designs such a wii, ps3 etc. http://adventured.com/good-business/social-media/google-shoes-twitter-shoes-halo-shoes/ (adventured.com, 2012)
ZDNet, 2012, Google sneakers: The pair of shoes every SEO and search engine geek should have!. [online] Available at: <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/seo/google-sneakers-the-pair-of-shoes-every-seo-and-search-engine-geek-should-have/2280> [Accessed 16 December 2012]
Roundedoff, 2012, Brass Monki Custom Nikes. [online] Available at: <http://roundedoff.com/2011/02/16/brass-monki-custom-nikes-pictures/google-shoe-nikes/> [Accessed 16 December 2012]
contemporary practice, 2010, Rietveld Schroder House. [online] Available at: <http://contemporarypractice.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/rietveld-schroder-house/> [Accessed 16 December 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment