Sunday 16 December 2012

Concept idea

For my concept design, I must admit I was quite lost on what to do. I had practically no Idea on what to go by. In my previous posts, nothing was particularly linked to eachother, they were pretty much completely different designs/models/artworks etc. However, analysing them all together, together with work showed to us by our tutors in class, I managed to put a few thoughts together. my concept idea is that of designing a shoe. I'm still uncertain whether I want it to be a poster, an actual shoe which I will transfer a design to or so on. It's still very much open to interpretation.

A poster which I found interesting is the DVD cover of a film which I just saw recently and a fellow classmate of mine mentioned when I was working on another assignment in class. ''The Devil Wears Prada'' was one of the films I'd always watch over again and actually not mind it, even though it's quite the chick flick and I'd rather sit down with a bag of popcorn and a good action film. The design of the shoe is so simple yet so effective. The whole title of the movie is perfectly depicted into the shoe shown. The shoe, which is Prada, and the Devils fork made into the heel of the shoe.

This shoe also came to mind after I had tried photo-manipulating a Christian Louboutin Shoe photo I took myself. I really like the shoe because of the way the poster is made. It is the biggest object in the poster and it's in red so it definitely is the first time one's eyes are drawn to. The background is white making the red shoe stick out even more. The writing is also much smaller in comparison to the shoe so it doesn't take of emphasis from it. I also like the fact that it is kept simple and there isn't too much going on. It is very much 'to the point'.


IMDb, 1990-2012. The Devil Wears Prada. [online] Available at: <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458352/> [Accessed 16 December 2012].

No comments:

Post a Comment