Sunday 13 January 2013

I carried out further research by showing a few female friends a couple of shoes on Google and asking which style they prefer when looking out for a shoe. The majority went for the the modern 6 inch heel pump. Stylish, elegant, and modern with a classic touch. I started designing the shoe and was trying to figure out how I'd go about the print. When it came to film, I got inspired by two films in particular; Harry Potter by J.K Rowling and Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Two things which really stuck out to me where the snitch within the films of Harry Potter and the Tiger in Life of Pi. They caught my attention; graceful yet so much to them. I started to design the shoe and put a print of a tiger opening its mouth and the heel being part of its tooth or a similar effect to the design of Puma, but replacing it with an enlarged coloured tiger jumping out of the shoe itself.  The shape of the shoe was, as previously mentioned, inspired by the poster of 'The Devil wears Prada' and the Christian Louboutin shoe. For the front platform of the shoe I got inspired by two different things. I like the concept and design or Parquet flooring and thought it might look nice put onto a shoe. Infact I got inspired from this when looking at pictures of interior design projects. I also got inspired by the shoe advertised in Nicki Minaj's song video ''Super Bass''. I was still to see where to add in my inspiration of art to this design.

Tumblr, 2012-2013, Interior Design. [online] Accessed 4 January 2013
Youtube, Super Bass - Nicki Minaj, 2013. [online] PRINT SCREEN. Accessed 4 January 2013



Inspiration for style of shoe - Photo taken by myself. 2012





[Inspiration from puma and Life of Pi - and how I planned on putting the tiger onto the shoe.]



This was my first sketch attemp to get the shape of the shoe I wanted to do use for my design. 


This was my second sketch trying to add in some details from where I got inspired and which I wanted to portay onto my shoe design concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment